LegalTech and Innovation Intel Brief 5/22/20
Sign up to receive our weekly LegalTech & Innovation brief and scroll down to read today’s brief.
We recently launched a daily brief about Covid-19 and how businesses are reopening; sign up here.
19 Articles • 13 min read
DENTONS PARTNERS WITH LITERA TO ENHANCE REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- Dentons has partnered with productivity and risk management software provider Litéra, to use its Litera Transact solution to manage complex financing and lending deals for bank-based financial services companies in the U.S. [Lawsites Blog, May 15]
UK LEGAL TECH INDUSTRY ANNOUNCES $2.43 MILLION REGULATORY SANDBOX
- Solicitors Regulatory Authority, the Legal Services Board, the Information Commissioner’s Office, and the UK Ministry of Justice have announced LawtechUK, a $2.43 million government-backed initiative to boost the UK’s legal tech industry by introducing a regulatory sandbox.
- The initiative will include an online dispute resolution platform to help SMEs with late payment disputes, and also promote the development of the Lawtech Online Hub and Training Centre, which will offer free and open access data to digital courses on the legal technology sector. [Global Legal Post, May 21]
LAW FIRM INNOVATIONS
WOLTERS KLUWER ELM ANNOUNCES AI-POWERED E-BILLING AND MATTER MANAGEMENT PLATFORM
- Wolters Kluwer ELM Solutions, a provider of enterprise legal spend and matter management, contract lifecycle management, and legal analytics solutions, has released TyMetrix®, an AI-powered spend and matter management solution.
- The solution, which is integrated with the LegalVIEW® database, will offer features including law firm selection and matter budgeting, Predictive Insights module, BillAnalyzer, and Rate comparison with outside law firms. [BusinessWire, May 19]
EXCLUSIVE LAW PARTNERS WITH ECLIPSE ON PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
- Start-up law firm Exclusive Law has partnered with legal software provider Eclipse, to implement the Proclaim Practice Management solution. The firm also plans to implement TouchPoint+, which displays live information on a particular case in an interactive format, to enable easier connection with their clients. [Legal IT Professionals, May 20]
BERRY APPLEMAN & LEIDEN RECOGNIZED FOR BEST LEGAL SOLUTION IN 2020
- Immigration law firm Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP has won the annual SIIA CODiE Award for Best Legal Solution of 2020 for its Cobalt digital immigration platform. Cobalt allows companies to manage and track their immigration cases using a single integrated system for racking, insight, analytics, reporting, and status updates. [PR Newswire, May 20]
LEGALTECH PARTNERSHIPS, LAUNCHES, AND INVESTMENTS
PWC CANADA PARTNERS WITH ICONECT ON LEGAL SOFTWARE
- PwC Canada has partnered with legal technology and e-discovery solution provider iCONECT to utilize document management, electronic discovery, and computer forensics via iCONECT document eDiscovery platform.
- The platform will enable import, view, search, analyze, categorization, reporting, printing legal case documents, manual review, multi-language support, and COVER, a module that identifies, reports and redacts PII, PHI, sensitive data or keywords to comply with current and future privacy governance standards. [PR Web, May 22]
CHETU PARTNERS WITH QBITEDGE ON LEGAL PRACTICE MANAGEMENT PLATFORM
- Chetu, a developer of custom software solutions, has partnered with QbitEdge, a provider of cloud-based products, to enhance the features of legal practice management platform Caseroads™. The platform will be integrated with payment processing solutions, leading court calendaring capabilities, workload management software, and document management services. [PR.com, May 16]
LIBERTY ADVISOR PARTNERS WITH CAC SPECIALTY ON REAL-TIME
- Consulting firm Liberty Advisor Group has partnered with CAC Specialty, an integrated specialty insurance brokerage, and investment banking business, to develop a real-time data analytics insurance platform. The solution will enable risk and financing decisions through the combination of quantitative and qualitative tools, streamline legal processes, and provide AI-powered document analysis to reduce time spent on risk management activities. [PR Newswire, May 21]
OTHER LEGALTECH NEWS
DELOITTE HIRES EMILY FOGES TO HEAD LEGAL MANAGED SERVICES
- Emily Foges, the former CEO of legaltech company Luminance, has joined the Deloitte Legal team to support the company’s existing legal managed services capabilities. The company plans to provide a multi-disciplinary offering across all stages of the contract lifecycle, from negotiation and data extraction to scale remediation, for tax, financial, risk, and cybersecurity advisory clients. [Legal IT Insider, May 20]
CYRIL AMARCHAND ANNOUNCES TECH INCUBATOR FINALISTS
- Indian law firm Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas (CAM) has announced the completion of its legaltech incubator Prarambh, with the following startups as finalists:
- JRTC Intern – a talent management platform that connects pre-qualified law students with internship opportunities at law firms, advocate offices, and companies
- Leegality – an eSigning and digital document workflow platform
- LegalMind – an AI-powered legal research platform [Global Legal Post, May 15]
WEBINARS AND PODCASTS
- Webinar: Billing post-COVID-19 and the roadmap to becoming paperless
- Webinar: Smart contracts, ODR, and blockchain
- Webinar: Legal Tech and Innovation Webinar
- Webcast: Future of Law – Embracing Digital Transformation in the Legal Profession
- Webcast: Competitive Intelligence with Legal Analytics
- Podcast: Smart Collaboration in the Time of COVID
- Podcast: Mark Harris on the Post-Pandemic Tsunami for Corporate Contracts
- Podcast: VR in the Courtroom
- Mind-Alliance has launched a database of Covid-19 thought leadership from the entire Am Law 200, helping corporate legal departments and law firms tap into the expertise of their professional peers. Request a free trial here.
Contact David Kamien for additional information.