LegalTech and Innovation Intel Brief 5/29/20
Sign up to receive our weekly LegalTech & Innovation brief and scroll down to read today’s brief.
We recently launched a daily brief about Covid-19 and how businesses are reopening; sign up here.
9 Articles • 6 min read
LEGALTECH STARTUP LAUNCHES REAL-TIME LAWYER MARKETPLACE
- AppearMe, a UC Berkeley SkyDeck legal startup, has launched its real-time marketplace of freelance lawyers, solo attorneys, and law firms for individuals, startups, and businesses nationwide.
- The platform, which will help in connecting litigators with appearance, deposition, and freelance attorneys during the COVID-19 pandemic, offers modern tools to grow legal practice without any fixed or overhead costs. [PR Newswire, May 26]
ILTA PARTNERS WITH SUFFOLK LAW TO OFFER CRITICAL ONLINE TRAINING
- The International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) has partnered with Suffolk Law to launch an online certification program for Legal Innovation and Technology. The six-course program will enhance attorneys and legal professional’s adoption of new legal methods and technologies. [Legal IT Professionals, May 28]
LEGALTECH PARTNERSHIPS, LAUNCHES, AND INVESTMENTS
INBOOT PARTNERS WITH LCAM ON BLOCKCHAIN-BASED LEGALTECH SOLUTIONS
- Finboot, a provider of enterprise-grade blockchain middleware, has partnered with the London Chamber of Arbitration and Mediation (LCAM), an organization offering arbitration, expedited arbitration, mediation services, and dispute resolution, to provide blockchain-based legaltech solutions
- LCAM will use MARCO, a blockchain-based plug and play application from Finboot, to administer arbitration and mediation cases, optimize case management, and securely upload and timestamp legal documents. [Financial IT, May 26]
REORG INTRODUCES LEGAL BILLING BENCHMARKING TOOL
- Reorg, a provider of financial intelligence, has launched Legal Billing Rates Database, an analytics tool that uses data drawn from court dockets to help attorneys benchmark their fees in preparation for client pitches. It can also be used by corporate counsel, hedge fund analysts and portfolio managers to make decisions about hiring outside counsel. [Lawsites Blog, May 26]
LEGALTECH STARTUP GROWPATH UNVEILS LEAD SCORING TOOL
- GrowPath, a provider of legal case management software, has launched a SaaS-based lead scoring tool, to help law firms evaluate prospective cases and determine which client leads the firm might consider accepting. The tool also enables client intake, case management, and business intelligence. [PR Newswire, May 28]
OTHER LEGALTECH NEWS
EXTERRO PARTNERS WITH ACEDS TO PUBLISH THE STATE OF E-DISCOVERY 2020 REPORT
- Exterro, a provider of Legal GRC software to Global 2000 and AmLaw 200 organizations, has partnered with the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS), to publish The State of E-Discovery 2020 report, which includes trends on on-site e-discovery teams, challenges faced by the corporate legal departments, and an in-depth look at the state of the E-discovery industry. [PR Newswire, May 21]
CLOC LAUNCHES LAW FIRM RECOGNITION PROGRAM
- The Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC) has introduced the Legal Innovation in Operations Project (LIO) to honor law firms achieving innovation and design excellence in legal operations through interaction with in-house legal operations teams. [PR Newswire, May 28]
WEBINARS AND PODCASTS
- Webinar: Building the Future of the Legal Function
- Webinar: Industry Insight with Tabs3 | Which Cloud Options Are Right for You?, June 3
- Webcast: Legal Analytics for Contracts Litigation Launch
- Webinar: Using eDiscovery Applications with Hard Copy Clients, June 18
- Podcast: How to apply a commercial mindset to reap results for your legaltech project
- Podcast: How A State Bar and Two Legaltech Companies Partnered to Help the Unemployed Get Legal Help
- Podcast: Legaltech Events in Times of Corona
- Mind-Alliance has launched a database of Covid-19 thought leadership from the entire Am Law 200, helping corporate legal departments and law firms tap into the expertise of their professional peers. Request a free trial here.
Contact David Kamien for additional information.