LEGALTECH INVESTMENTS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND LAUNCHES
Mind-Alliance Launches SelectEvents.io Pilot Program
- Mind-Alliance has launched a website to help law firms find the best conference events where attorneys can network with clients and demonstrate thought leadership. Sign up for the pilot program at SelectEvents.io.
LinkSquares Raises $4.8 Million Funding
- AI-Powered Contract Analytics company, LinkSquares, raised $4.8 million in funding from Hyperplane Venture Capital and MassMutual Ventures. [Artificial Lawyer, Mar 7]
NICE Expands Partnership with ABBYY
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) platform NICE will use ABBYY’s NLP tech for processing unstructured data contained in scanned corporate legal documents and contracts. [Artificial Lawyer, Mar 4]
Eclipse’s Solution Recognised by HMRC as Making Tax Digital Compliant
- Eclipse Legal Systems announced new functionality to its Proclaim Practice Management solution that enables law firms to remain compliant with HMRC Making Tax Digital requirements. [Legal IT Professional, Mar 6]
LAW FIRM INNOVATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Baker McKenzie to Roll Out ServiceNow as Part of Business Services Transformation Plan
- Baker McKenzie is rolling out ServiceNow as part of a three-year global professional business services (PBS) transformation plan that will see 315 services requested and run through the enterprise cloud service management platform. [Legal IT Insider, Mar 8]
OTHER LEGALTECH UPDATES
Pinsent Masons’ Orlando Conetta Joins Lord Chief Justice’s AI Advisory Group
- Orlando Conetta, the Head of SmartDelivery at Pinsent Masons, has joined the newly-created Lord Burnett’s AI Advisory Group in the UK. The group is designed to ensure the Judiciary of England and Wales is fully informed about developments in AI. [Artificial Lawyer, Mar 4]
Pew Welcomes Discussion for a National ODR Standards Body
- The Pew Charitable Trusts organization plans to create a national body in the U.S. to set standards for the use of online dispute resolution (ODR). [Artificial Lawyer, Mar 6]
CONFERENCES, PODCASTS, AND PUBLICATIONS
CodeX FutureLaw 2019
- The CodeX FutureLaw Conference will take place on April 4 at Stanford Law School to discuss tech-driven transformations in the U.S. legal system.
- The ILTACON will take place on August 18-22 at Orlando, Florida and aims to discover and evolve successful legal operation strategies for today’s transforming legal industry.
Podcast: The Future of Legal Tech Conferences
- In this podcast, Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell discuss the current state of legaltech conferences and the need for balance between highly innovative and essential training content at these conferences.
Podcast: Automation Tools for Law Firm Operations
- In this podcast, Kimberly Bennett, the Founder of K Bennett Law, and Conor Malloy, a Partner at Chi City Legal, talks about the use of automation tools in the legal space.
AI-Powered Collaboration Between Marketing and Research Services
- The upcoming edition of Strategies – The Journal of Legal Marketing, will feature an article by David Kamien, CEO of Mind-Alliance, about AI-powered collaboration between marketing and research services. To build effective collaboration, departmental leaders must address issues related to organizational culture, process synchronization, and data management. To receive an advanced version of this article or to arrange meetings at the 2019 Legal Marketing Annual Conference in Atlanta contact David.