LEGALTECH PARTNERSHIPS, INVESTMENTS, AND LAUNCHES
OpenLaw Launches Document Automation System
- Smart contract developer OpenLaw has launched a document automation platform, called Forms. [Artificial Lawyer, Mar 18]
Alpine SG Adds Another Practice Management Acquisition to its Portfolio
- Alpine SG is acquiring Merus, the developer of the practice management software MerusCase. Merus will join PracticePanther and Bill4Time as part of the recently formed ASG LegalTech business. [LawSites, Mar 15]
Case Status App Receives Undisclosed Venture Fundings
- Case Status, an app that automates lawyer-client communications and case updates, has received undisclosed VC funding from the Alabama Futures Fund. [LawSites, Mar 19]
Rocket Matter Updates its Practice Management Software
- Rocket Matter has updated its cloud-based practice management platform with the addition of business intelligence modules and customizable dashboards. [LawSites, Mar 20]
LAW FIRM PARTNERSHIPS
Rippe & Kingston Announces Strategic Partnership with Iridium Technology to Enhance Law Firm Financial Insights
- Rippe & Kingston and Iridium Technology announced a strategic partnership to provide advanced financial insights for firms running the Rippe & Kingston Legal Management System (LMS). The Iridium BI tool will support both cloud and on-premise deployment and will include modules on revenue, profitability, GL+expense, and matter budgeting. [SPI News, Mar 21]
LEGALTECH EVENTS AND CONFERENCES
KCL Legal Tech and Emerging Technologies Conference 2019
- The King’s IT and IP Law Society (KIIPS) will organize the conference on March 23 in London and will discuss the role of Blockchain, Cybersecurity and AI in the legal space.
LIT Con 2019
- The LIT Con 2019 conference will take place on April 8 in Boston, MA focusing on legal technologies and innovations.
Innovative Legal Services Forum 2019
iTech Law Forum
- The iTech Law Forum will be held on July 25 in Singapore and will discuss legaltech areas including eDiscovery, Practice Management, GDPR, M&A, Cyber Security, AI, Blockchain, and Legal Smart Contracts.