LAW FIRM INNOVATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Dentons Announces Strategic Alliance with RADAR to Provide Innovation in Incident Response
- Dentons announced a strategic alliance with RADAR, a provider of incident response management software, to help clients reduce the risks and costs of compliance with data breach laws. Under the alliance, the duo will help clients navigate increasingly stringent obligations stemming from data privacy and breach notification regulations around the world. [PR Newswire, Dec 7]
Elevate Boosts Its Contract Lifecycle Management Capability With Acquisition Of Sumati
- Elevate announced the acquisition of Sumati Group, a provider of contract lifecycle management (CLM) managed services. The move expands Elevate’s existing contracts support capabilities globally with over 200 Sumati lawyers and technologists providing contract review and analysis using proprietary software. Elevate recently acquired the enterprise legal AI technology and consulting firm LexPredict. [Legal IT Insider, Dec 5]
LexisNexis Launches Context, an Expert Witness Analytics Solution
- LexisNexis Legal & Professional has launched Context, which delivers insights on judges and expert witnesses to help attorneys best prepare, present and argue their case. Context is based on Ravel Law analytics, which LexisNexis acquired in 2017. According to Nik Reed, the Co-founder at Ravel Law:
The same technology that finds terms used by judges can find put when expert witness testimony is excluded and why. Unlike Judges, expert witnesses aren’t easily discoverable – they could be a John Smith or Mary Cooper – so working with LexisNexis we were able to create expert witness analytics, which is something that people really wanted. [Legal IT Insider, Nov 29]
Eversheds Sutherland Partners With Opus 2 To Launch CaseReady Litigation Platform
- Eversheds Sutherland has partnered with Opus 2 International to launch an enterprise license of Opus 2’s electronic trial platform Magnum, under the name CaseReady. The platform will enable lawyers, clients, and counsel to share case materials and work collaboratively on matters from instruction to trial or settlement. [Legal IT Insider, Nov 29]
AmLaw 200 Firm Goldberg Segalla Turns to iManage to Enhance Information Security
- Goldberg Segalla has selected iManage Security Policy Manager to enhance security around its privileged and confidential client information, manage ethical walls, segment data, and enforce the firm’s “need-to-know” security policies. iManage Threat Manager will guard the firm against threat actors by using machine learning and adaptive behavioral modeling to detect anomalous behavior patterns. [Legal IT Professionals, Dec 6]
HighQ Releases HighQ 5.0
- HighQ 5.0 unifies HighQ’s Collaborate and Publisher products into a single client engagement platform that enables firms to deliver seamless, engaging digital experiences to their clients from initial touch points through to deal delivery. [Legal IT Professionals, Dec 4]
McCann FitzGerald’s Legal Tech Solutions CEO Wins Women in Tech Award
- Gráinne Bryan, the CEO of McCann FitzGerald’s legal technology solutions business, has won the Digital Transformation Award at the 2018 Women in Tech Awards. She was recognized for her role in leading the firm’s new legal technology solutions business, which creates new solutions and products for clients. [Irish Legal, Nov 30]
LEGALTECH EVENTS AND CONFERENCES
Blockchain, Smart Contracts and the Future of Law
- Casey Kuhlman, the CEO of the blockchain and smart contracts company Monax, mentioned in a recent podcast that we’re on the brink of a paradigm shift in how we form and execute legal agreements. To listen to this podcast, click here.
Legalweek – An Evolution of the Legal Industry Sets the 2019 Stage
- The 2019 Legal Week will be hosted in New York on January 28 – 31, 2019. The event will focus on technologies and innovative products designed to meet the needs of the law firms.
New Zealand’s LawFest
- The legal technology and innovation conference LawFest will be held on 21 March 2019 in Auckland, New Zealand. The conference plans to help legal professionals adapt to the changing legal market.