KM & Collaboration Strategy
Successful leaders know that effective knowledge management (KM), communication, and collaboration culture and systems are key enablers for successful decision making and organizational performance.
If any of the following issues ring true, we think you should know about Mind-Alliance Systems:
- Top-down or bottom-up information is not disseminated in an effective, agile, or timely manner.
- Ambiguous processes and organizational silos prevent up-to-date and accurate information from being available to the right people at the right time.
- Overuse of e-mail to coordinate operations and activities results in information overload and distracted workers.
- The flow of data, information, and intelligence to decision makers is slower than desired.
- Data dashboards don’t work as well as required, and management lacks the salient information and situational awareness needed to make decisions about opportunities and risks.
- Practices to better manage organizational risk need to be pushed deeper into and adopted better by the organization.
- Information contained in the extranet or intranet is not updated on a timely basis so as to keep key constituents informed
- Outdated, inconvenient, ad hoc, or unreliable communication methods are used and the organization is not adopting new technology at the desired rate.
- Corporate functions need better external and internal information to produce better results.
If you organization is suffering from any or all of these issues, it is time to contact Mind-Alliance. We can help your organization develop and implement a KM and collaboration strategy that will make the flow of information and intelligence more fluid and better directed.
support for the following process:
Phase 1: Study the As-Is State of KM & Collaboration
- Analyze the current state of KM and collaboration practices and culture, including information-sharing practices and systems such as your intranet and collaboration applications.
- Identify smart practices, issues, and desired improvements related to the organization’s ability to make decisions, communicate, share information effectively, and achieve situational awareness.
- Use our Channels software to generate high-impact visualizations that depict the flow of essential information between organizational elements and issues that undermine effective collaborative efforts to manage risk or seize opportunities.
Phase 2: Develop a KM & Collaboration Transformation Strategy and Plan
- Define a vision and strategic objectives that determine how your organization will harness the power of better information sharing, knowledge management, and collaboration to enhance decision making and organizational performance.
- Define a prioritized portfolio of approaches, to be deployed in the next weeks, months, and years for addressing the Phase 1 issues that impact critical decisions, information flows, documents, and processes.
- Generate management reports that offer decision support to managers that need to resolve the above issues with policies, technology, training and other types of approaches.
- Rigorously define the outcomes sought, the expected results, and the measures of success for each approach and the overall transformation.
- Identify and define mitigations for the key risks to successful plan implementation.
- Define measures of performance to be achieved by implementing the selected KM Approaches to address the issues identified in Phase 1.
- Develop a Change Management Plan that addresses executive leadership, change communication, and training and learning.
- Develop a Training & Learning program concept.
Phase 3: Implementation Support
Support the rollout and implementation of the KM strategy by:
- Creating planning templates and checklists for participating teams
- Designing presentations and messages that support rollout and change management communications
- Designing documents that deliver intelligence to strategic decision makers
- Organizing meetings with professional peers to benchmark against best practices
- Developing requirements and mockups for new collaboration systems
- Conducting annual audits to evaluate success and increase in KM maturity using a custom maturity model