Information Sharing Consulting & Training
Enhance Emergency Preparedness & Coordination -
Tap into Our Information Sharing Best Practices
The Mind Alliance team has been tapped to help numerous homeland security and business continuity organizations establish effective response coordination practices and highly resilient emergency preparedness plans.
Our consulting and training engagements will enhance your organization’s ability to:
- Analyze information requirements from mission, regulatory, organizational, and technical perspectives
- Identify potential coordination failures as well as their root causes and consequences
- Create actionable response plans that utilize information sharing best practices
- Effectively manage inter-agency teams that support a whole community approach to emergency response
- Conduct tabletop exercises to assess the information flow in crisis scenarios
- Continuously monitor your state of readiness with reports and visualizations that highlight risk areas and improvement opportunities
Information Sharing Tabletop Exercises
Mind-alliance designs and leads Tabletop Exercises that simulate real-life scenarios to capture the response of participating individuals and organizations in emergency situations. Providing deep insight into the flow of information in such situations, these exercises are essential in surfacing information sharing and communication issues that could undermine effective response.
Mind-Alliance utilizes the Channels software to model the information flow captured during the exercise. We will then use the software’s analytical capabilities to identify gaps, bottlenecks, delays and other information sharing failure points, as well as the impact of these issues on the ability of the organization to meet response objectives.
A report summarizing findings and recommendations will be delivered following the exercise.
Knowledge Retention During Personnel Turnover
Exit Interviews for Departing Personnel
Mind-Alliance helps organizations prevent the loss of institutional knowledge by conducting exit interviews with personnel that are leaving a critical position. The Channels software is used to capture and model event-driven tasks and the information that needs to be shared during crisis situations, facilitating the preservation of knowledge and protecting the organization’s preparedness capabilities.
Onboarding New Personnel
Without a system in place to enable knowledge transfer, it can take months or even years for a person entering a new position to get up to speed on all emergency-related processes and procedures. Mind-Alliance helps organizations model and organize information related to emergency response tasks and communication procedures, ensuring that new staff members can step into their new positions with confidence and be able to perform effectively should a crisis occur.